The WWI RFC (Royal Flying Corp) aerodrome at Elsham, North Lincolnshire was a rudimentary affair, covering 120 acres situated just to the east of the heavy bomber airfield known as RAF Elsham Wolds that was established during WWII.
Elsham aerodrome opened early 1917 and was the base for 33 (HD) Squadron ‘C’ Flight. 33 Squadron had its HQ at Gainsborough and dispersed its three flights to Brattleby (‘A’ Flight), Manton (‘B’ Flight) and Elsham (‘C’ Flight).
In 1918 all the flights were concentrated at Manton, and Elsham was closed.
Today the site is farmland.
Link: Elsham Wolds