The 96 acre (35 ha) aerodrome at Leadenham, sited at the junction of two minor roads adjacent to Leadenham Heath, was opened in September 1916.
The first occupants were ‘C’ Flight, 30 (HD) Squadron, who stayed until May 1918. ‘A’ Flight of the newly reformed 90 Squadron (whose headquarters were at Buckminster), was based at the aerodrome from August 1918 until June 1919, when the squadron was disbanded and the aerodrome closed.
A single building was recorded as remaining until the late 1970s but this was demolished and other than a commemorative marker board, nothing of the airfield exists today.
Map: Leadenham Aerodrome