This Class 1 Landing Ground was established in September 1916 and was situated 0.8km SW of Swinstead Church on the west side of the B1176. The landing ground was used by 38 (HD) Squadron until August 1918, after which it was used until July 1919 by 90 (HD) Squadron based at Buckminster. During this period, records show that the landing ground was lit, suggesting night use. The L-shaped site covered an area of 64 Acres (26 ha) and had two landing strips of 730 and 600 yards (667 and 548 m).
Today the site is farmland with no indication of its former use.